Home

Monkey Island crashes!!!

DeChuck

Hello,

I'm a big fan of the Monkey Island games and the characters within so therefore I recently bought the last episode, Escape from Monkey Island. But then the trouble starts to show its ugly face: Every time I play the game for more than about two minutes, it crashes!

I tried with Direct3D and OpenGL in 16 and 32 bit colors, but it's the same. I installed all possible driver updates and patches (DirectX 8, Detonator 3, Windows patches), but nothing works. I even tried reinstalling Windows!

My system:

Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional

AMD Athlon 650 Mhz (3DNow!, MMX, and so on)

128 Megs of SDRAM 8ns

8.2 gigabyte harddisk

nVidia Riva TNT2 M64 based graphics accelerator

As far as I can see there shouldn't be any problems just because of that.

And since I actually paid money for this game, it's a "bit" irritating!!!

Can anyone explain to me what causes this problem and, not to forget, how to solve it?

PLEASE HELP ME!

/ Simon

I have been looking at other sites with the same problems like yours. The problem possibly is that the game is sometimes not compatible with win2000 or there are several reasons:

From reading your system, you shouldn't have any problems but you probably have other software running programs at the background causing a crash. To see how many programs running just press Ctrl Alt Delete and a box would appear showing programs running, then end task them that are not necessary.

As other people said, get patches, but when I played it, it worked fine without them, but it is really to do with the computer. If you have any problems just go to the Tech forum and post your problems in MI uk fan topic, ok.

Archived