Home

I can't play MI4..... help me please!

BigDave

I bought Monkey Island 4, installed it several times, and I still have one problem. I started the game and at the first part where you have to selct something the direction of choices kept moving. I went ot options and it ways moving as if the up key was stuck or something. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times and this problem won't og away. Is this a problem with my game or keyboard? My keyboard has not given me any other trouble like this. Should I get a joystick or return the game for a new one or does anyone know how to fix it?

I had the same problem. Everything kept cycling, Guybrush kept circling the mast and even the options cycled.

After uninstalling and reinstalling five times, I finally had to go in and disable the joystick function not only for the game but for the system as well. Go into control panel/game controllers and make sure none are enabled.

Also, in MI4, make sure that the joystick is disabled and the keyboard is enabled.

If worse come to worse, and this doesn't work, go get a joystick, enable it and go.

Good luck.

Archived