Home

Clearing up the MI2 Ending confusion

Guest The Feral Chicken

Guest The Feral Chicken

Right! Everyone is annoying me by saying how confused they are about the endings. SO here is an explanation.

The 'Chuckie' thing was an evil scheme for LeChuck to fall back on if his VooDoo doll failed, which it did. He somehow screwed with Guybrushes mind and took him into the COTD. LeChuck left the island (Monkey Island; That's where the COTD was, as revealed at the end of CMI)to get Elaine through the Gates of Hell (Big Whoop). But Guybrush escapes the COTD somehow on a dodgem, which explains the start of CMI.

Another confusion if the 'how did they get from Dinky to Monkey so quickly; as explained by LeChuck at the end of CMI (if you actually LISTEN to what he has to say) and on the map at the start of CMI, Dinky and Monkey are connected by a tunnel and are so close together that this is possible; (as seen on the aforementioned map) and I think some other islands are connected in the same way. Just listen to LeChuck at the end of CMI; he explains it all (listen to EVERYTHING he says; if he offers you a story say yes)

------------------

Watch out; The Chickens are watching and will soon take over! HAHAHAHA!!!

something doesnt make sense!

in the end of cmi lechuck says something like: "i sent a full lit cake to rapp scalion on his birthday because i knew he had a tendency to leave the gas on in his hut! you could hear the explosion from here to (something) island!"

well, in mi2 rapp scalions hut is intact!

When LeChuck says, that Dinky and Monkey is connected by tunnels, does he mean those Lava tunnels where his ship was in MI1?

I think so. And when he built COTD, he also built a concrete shortcut (tunnel at the end of MI2).

And could somebody explain the ticket?

------------------

I'd swear on my grandfather's grave, something weird is going on.

• 6 months later...
Guest The Feral Chicken

Hey, look at the date! That was the day I first registered in the forums! Cool! B)B)

The 'E' ticket is a take-off of Disney's (old?) system of working the rides. If you had an 'E' ticket, you could basically skip all of the queues right to the front (or something like that), and it was a LOT deerer!

With Guybrush being in a carnival and all, it seemed to Mr.Gilbert that the 'Backstage' area where Guybrush and Chuckie were playing was to be, in the future, and 'E' ticket ride...

Either that, or 'Big Whoop' was a ride, and Chuckie and Guybrush were fighting over the @e' ticket, which was...Big Whoop! Of course! It all makes sense now!

WOW feral chicken! Now it really does make sense.. they were fighting for THE E ticket! The whole MI2 was all about fighting for the E ticket to RIDE THE BIG WHOOP!!!! There was no curse.. it was trough the minds of two boys... W-O-W!!!

I think Gilbert meant this, because otherwise E-ticket would have NO meaning, but Gilbert left because he knew that CMI would ruin the great ending of MI2...

"I want to be a pirate..." Those are words of a little child... Of course this was Guybrushe's version, as his big-brother is a bully so he thought him to be a scary skeleton-monster!!!

Thanks Feral.. I really had these "shock- now I got it" moments!

------------------

megamsigsm.jpg

I don`t like that, it sorts of simplifies all of MI. And also I like unsolved mysteries, like The Secret of Monkey Island.

------------------

<embed width="321" height="81" src="http://www.geocities.com/blinkxxss/mangusb.swf">

[This message has been edited by MagnusB (edited February 04, 2001).]

That's pretty close to the official story writers since Gilbert use Feral.

However, it's completely different to the official story in Gilbert's head, but Gilbert's vision is no longer relevant as he'll never do another MI. He's always kept his dream MI3 plan secret but it's clear that he has one, though he knows in all likelyhood it'll never be made.

Archived