Home

Read this : all people making/interested in MI fangames

Rico

A lot of people seem to like Klik and Play..but it really does suck. It's engines aren't really built for adventure games, especially the text handling. Plus you'll get a shareware message popping up when anyone closed the product, and there's no real save function.

Try:

- AGS (Adventure Game Studio) Very nice. Supports 640x480 resolution, multilayering (things infront of chara), all sorts of features and minimal scripting.

- RoBoT (Return of BOT) OK, flexible but requires massive amounts of scripting.

- Games Factory/Click and Create - better than KNP, you can d/l graphics libraries off sites, and has a save function. Fairly good.

Soz, I kno this has been done so many times b4, but I would suggest AGS. SCRAMM (www.scramm.org) is looking good, but IMHO will probably never be done, and the source'll be released and finished by someone else.

As for the URLs, search for the engines. And remember somethnig else, fangame makers - get the graphics done. Plot the puzzles, draw backgrounds, sketch out a plot, think about the personality of the characters. Do some of this before you touch the engine.

Without decent planning, you'll either give up your project or produce a half-finished work of rubbish. Or you'll be lucky. But I really suggest you do some of the planning first. After all, if your using Scramm, you can do that while you wait for it to be coded!

------------------

-------------------------

"That's the second biggest bulletin board I've ever posted in"

"Isometric exercises...care to join me?"

Nope...if they're good - or laughably bad :-) - could you tell me where to d/l them? Thanx

As for graphics, there are lots of artists who'd like to help programmers make games. Try finding a programming message board and asking for help.

------------------

-------------------------

"That's the second biggest bulletin board I've ever posted in"

"Isometric exercises...care to join me?"

Archived