Home

Chess game freez up???

Apparently a few others have also experienced this problem, though it is not widespread.

Check to see if you have the latest drivers for your hardware (video card, sound card, etc.), and also if you have the latest version of DirectX.

Beyond that, the only thing you can do is to contact LucasArts to see if they know of any way to fix the problem, or getting new hardware that might not cause the game to freeze (not really a good option, that).

BTW, this really belongs in the "Tech Support" fourm....

------------------

brief.gif

"Stop being so testosterony!"

"Which, by the way, is the real San Francisco Treat."

--Phoebe & Chandler, Friends

I think it is not a tech problem because it also happend to me... But when I started act 2 all over again,it didn't happen.I think you have to do it before all the other things on the Island...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I had the same problem. What I did to fix the problem, although I can't call it a "fix" as such, is to WAIT. Wait for quite a "long" time and eventually everything would go on fine. I think its a bug in the game that LEC did not address yet. If its plainly a video card driver fault a lot of people won't have the same problem. Maybe the 3D engine is poorly programmed, I dunno. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Three Headed Stan (edited May 21, 2001).]

• 1 month later...

Archived