Home

New Member! And need tech help with PS2 Monkey Island 4.

Skyclad

Hi all! i just got Escape From Monkey Island for PS2 yesterday, and I'm noticing something odd when I play the game. Every once in a while when a character is talking, the voice comes out sounding funny, and out of only one speaker. Like you could go to a door and attempt to open it, and Guywood will say "nope, Can't open it" normally like it's supposed to. Then sometimes if you try doing the same thing, it'll say the same thing but it'll be muffled and coming out of one speaker. Also, once when I was attempting to access the save game icon by pressing start, the game locked up. I don't know if it's just my game, or if all the games do that, or if it's my PS2. This is the only game I have that has any spoken dialog, so I can't put in another game to check. Hope someone can help..... Thanks!

Yeah, Guybrush..... Sorry! I seen a couple other posts in this forum that said they had the PS2 version. Well, someone just directed me to a videogame.com review of MI4 for PS2 where the reviewer said he encountered these audio problems too. So I guess they are all like that. The reviewer still gave it a 8.7 though smile.gif I used to have a PC in 1994, when I had a Packard Bell 90 Mhz Pentium computer. It was big for it's time! I sold it because I got so frustrated at having to get patches for unfinished and uncompatible cards. Back then the internet was expensive, and you had to pay for each minute you were on there, so I couldn't just download patched like you can now. The one thing I really missed about selling my PC was the great graphic adventures PC's had. I loved Monkey Island, King's Quest, Death Gate, Necropolis, Sam And Max, Companions Of Xanth, and my fave of all time Full Throttle (Also Ps2 bound!). I'm a console gamer at heart, but you won't hear any PC bashing from me. PC's and consoles both have their good and bad points! Thanks again, and I look forword to talking all that is Monkey Island with you all!

Archived