Home

Too easy - a week's gameplay is not enough

sarahm

I loved escape from MI - just as good as I had remembered the first too I used to play on my Amiga all those years ago.

However I was sad to finish it in just over a week. I did cheat twice (getting the hand from Dave and where to steer the log flume on monkey island itself) which can't of helped things, but I really don't think it should have made that much difference. Generally I wonder if we (I played with a friend) were too much in the MI frame of mind and could see where the puzzles were going.

Anyway £35 for a week is too much. I have had this problem with all adventure games on the PS2. Did anyone else find it much too short? Please remedy this in 5 as you don't want to finish just as you are getting in the swing of things. Also the monkey Kombat used AGAIN for the end was pointless. Clearly you had mastered it to get the bronze hat - so why do it again?

------------------

Godzillipan

I agree with everything you say. Although it took me a little longer to finish (this was my first attempt at and MI game), I was hoping for more.

------------------

There's no way that will fit in my pants.

All adventure games for PS2? I believe EFMI is the only one out right now untill Full Throttle and Broken Sword 3 come out. Unless you mean the other type of adventure game like Onimusha, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider? I don't concider these games anything like the Monkey Island (read:graphic adventure) type of game.

i havent' got the game for ps 2 but i intend to buy. i'll be honest i really want it as it's a monkey island game. it's length don't bother me that much. i'm not good at monkey island games, but i enjoy em!

Originally posted by Skyclad:

All adventure games for PS2? I believe EFMI is the only one out right now untill Full Throttle and Broken Sword 3 come out. Unless you mean the other type of adventure game like Onimusha, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider? I don't concider these games anything like the Monkey Island (read:graphic adventure) type of game.

Dear Skyclad,

What about the completely useless Shadow's of Memories in which the entire gameplay consists of picking up little shiny green things that you could only miss if you were blind drunk? I finished that in a few hours, most of which I spent watching boring cut scenes. By the way I'm not particularly good at adventure games either... it took me about 3 months to finish Zelda on the N64.

------------------

Godzillipan

Originally posted by sarahm:

I loved escape from MI - just as good as I had remembered the first too I used to play on my Amiga all those years ago.

However I was sad to finish it in just over a week. I did cheat twice (getting the hand from Dave and where to steer the log flume on monkey island itself) which can't of helped things, but I really don't think it should have made that much difference. Generally I wonder if we (I played with a friend) were too much in the MI frame of mind and could see where the puzzles were going.

Anyway £35 for a week is too much. I have had this problem with all adventure games on the PS2. Did anyone else find it much too short? Please remedy this in 5 as you don't want to finish just as you are getting in the swing of things. Also the monkey Kombat used AGAIN for the end was pointless. Clearly you had mastered it to get the bronze hat - so why do it again?

Did you actualy use a week to finish it?? I did'nt cheat and used just about 2 days to finish!! biggrin.gif But I agree with you, it's to litle to do, I hope that Monkey Island 5 becomes much bigger and that it will be more to do!!

------------------

I wanna be a Mighty Pirat!

Originally posted by Skyclad:

Shadow's Of Memories? Is that called Shadow Of Destiny in the U.S.? The one that everyone said was a sub-par Shenmue?

I don't know what it was called in the states, but it got fantastic reviews here and I cannot for the life of me figure out why!

I'm on act 3 just finished monkey combat. I think i'm 14 hours in the game. So I think its a bit short also. I'm gonna go pick up the rest of the Monkeyisland Series at bestbuy here in a few days. I think Its like 15 bucks. This bieng my first monkey island. Lots o fun so far

my first cd got scratched and now i can't even install MI4

oh and YUCK, PS2!

------------------

"I'm not crazy, i just don't give a darn!"-Daffy

\/ R-Lt.JPG -Lieutenant on elite force board

/\ T-LtCdr.JPG -three headed monkey on escape from monkey island board

R-capt.JPG -Captain of the timeship U.S.S. Mad Monkey NCC-51241

signature10.gif

Archived