Home

PS2 Monkey Island

YCrash13

What do most of you think of Escape From Monkey Island on PS2? It doesn't matter if you have played it or merely have heard about it.

I played it, and now it's got me hooked. I beat it and here I am playing it again. I especially liked Monkey Kombat once I figured out what to do. Never before have I seen a game with such good humor, great graphics, interesting storyline, nice enviroments, and such pure fun. Guybrush was the funniest character I've ever seen, and I had a hell of a time beating the world diving champion, fighting monkeys, escaping from prison, and rowing around a timeless river like something from Tom Sawyer.

I give this game a 9.5, only because I had hoped it was a little longer and more in depth. I've noticed that in LucasArts games they don't give you a chance to save once you've beaten them. I had really hoped to revisit all the islands and see how they were doing after I beat the garbage out of LeChuck and Mandrill. biggrin.gif Anyone see where I'm coming from?

Yeah, I got the PS2 version too. All in all a great game indeed. The PS2 version also boasts 9 times the poly count of the characters in the PC version. But I've had trouble (as others have) with the sound going hay wire and only coming out through one speaker at times. Also, when I move Guybrush too fat and through too many screens too fast, it freezes. Odd, kinda seems like my old days on PC with these problems. But I'd still rate it 9.5/10 anyway. I'd have to disagree with you about Guybrush being the funniest character in games. He's number 2 in my book as Rincewind from the Discworld games is THE funniest.

Well I've never heard of that guy. :\

I guess I'm lucky, because my PS2 has only froze once for me since I bought it this Christmas, and that was after leaving it on for about 10+ hours on accident and sticking a game in before ever turning it off. That game just happened to be SSX, so you can guess how long I was on there. lol The only problem I've had with the game is sometimes when I run to a different area, when the screen changes the direction I was holding turns Guybrush back around and I end up on the same screen I just left.

I wouldn't bother with the Gamepad if I were you. I'm using the PC & have a Microsoft Gampepad with built in sensor. It's more trouble than it's worth. It's completely programmable but there are some commands that can't be achieved without using the keyboard.

If you have to use the keyboard for certain actions you might as well use it for the whole game it's easier. Hope this helps!

------------------

geoffco

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived