Home

Observations

Gbird

Hey guys,

Just discovered this forum. First off, ive been a big Lucas Arts adventure game fanatic for quite a few years now. Day of the Tentacle is the game that got me hooked, but monkey island were the games that kept me going. I love this series, and i finally got Escape from MI earlier this week. (I was unable to get it before). So, im still in act II of this game, and i find it to be a downer from what i expected. I miss using the mouse, running into things blows. I hate running in circles, and i hate when i miss a path and cant do a 180 degree turn in under 17 seconds. The wit is still there, but the gameplay isnt the same. I've been stuck in bugs 3 different times, where Guybrush just stood running in motion. I've had it bugged where i went to start a conversation and nothing happened, i just stood there, unable to hit any buttons. The gameplay isn't what i expected, is there a patch out maybe to jelp with any problems???

Oh well, im just griping a little here, hopefully the ending is going to rock, im looking forwards to it. The puzzles are great in this one, and im having a great time listining to all the little quips Guybrush utters.

Gabe

p.s. I hope that there is a use for the plastic man thing (abomination of nature) because i cant tell you how annoying it is to reassmble that thing when i try to use it someplace. It could be one of the more annoying things i've ever encountered.

Talk to you guys later, i'll probably need some clues along the way, the first part wasnt too bad, im assuming the second act is gonna be tougher. Oh, i love how they are bringing back all the old characters, Murray is great.

I agree that the game is quite buggy, and not having mouse control was a Bad Idea™ on the part of LucasArts.

If I remember correctly, though, there is a key that you can press for Guybrush to do a full 180, which would make some things slightly easier. Check in your manual... I think it was the <enter> key or something....

------------------

brief.gif

"Pass the salt."

"What do we say?"

"NOW!!!"

--Wednesday & Morticia, The Addams Family

Archived