Home

WEAPONS......again

StephenG

Guest Kurgan

Btw, again, the Crossbow in JediKnight and MotS is NOT the same as Chewbacca's bowcaster seen in use in Return of the Jedi.

The one in JK/MotS is a weapon that was modified from the Wookie design for use by the Tuskens. It might be shaped similarly, but it's a totally different gun.

Just as the Bryar pistol is a modified weapon (from the Bryar rifle). I agree, the Bryar should be made more powerful than it is. I like the idea of giving the enemies limited ammo and multiple weapons (and the ability to pick up other weapons, etc). Making smart enemies makes sense. Of course I'd like to see them get better aim too and coordinate attacks. Bots in the Q3 engine are pretty good (though they'll need to be taught to saber/force fight), the SP AI could be very good potentially.

As to the issue of reloading, I don't want it to be like Half Life. If it's such an issue, somebody could just make a mod for it or something. Perhaps certain weapons could have manual reloading functions (like a rocket launcher or something), but even the cheesy reload pauses like in Unreal I think are unnecessary outside single player. It just interrupts the action and slows things down. Sure cosmetically it might look cool, but it doesn't HAVE to be in there just because other games (which are usually not taking place in the SW universe anyway) have it.

If I want that kind of game, I can just play that. JK was always about fast action and lots of stuff, but it never slowed down. Will JK2 be as fast? I hope that the team makes a stab at getting close to that level of speed and action...

Anyway, getting late, enough posting for one night. ; )

Kurgan

Archived