Home

Lightsaber

Alan1587246518

Hi Hitman,

Gotta agree with Slowbie on this one if only for snob 'class counts and gentleman don't cheat' reasons, though I recall from a History Channel show that there were indeed both swords and shields/armor (canes, knuckle dusters, salt shakers...;-) with guns built in.

While guns themselves of course have often mounted blades of one kind or another as we made the switch from pike square in front of archers to rifles on the 'front lines'.

I can just see some schmuck of an ST coming at me with a glowonet stuck on the end of his blaster rifle!;-)

Instead of an onboard projectile firing option (gun in one hand, sword in the other for a 'bolt blocker' utility choice), I would like to see, perhaps, the ability to use the weapon in a screening protective form.

In line with the standard Jedi 'defense only' Force modes, this is mentioned in at least one SW novel and while it would likely be useless for most attack/defense situations (where it is better to reflect-back or leap-clear of bolt fire and saber strokes) I could see crouching behind a suddenly flatXwide buckler type shield when a pig swung his axe or more importantly, an Imperial fired a rocket at you from ten feet away (dumba$$ moron, why doesn't /he/ get hurt?!?!?:-(.

Kurt Plummer

Archived