Home

JK2 Multiplayer Demo before or After release?

Terrin

We assume there is gonna be a demo, and I really think it'd be a smart move to have one... but if it does happen, will it be before or after release?

I personally think it HAS to be before release. It'll help to build hype and get the developers a feel for how well the game will be embraced when it comes out. It could do wonders for the anticipation of the game, I mean, look at what Return to Castle Wolfenstein went through.

They got out a demo before release, it was super fun and they sold that game by the truckloads, I should know, I saw it being bought in the stores!

So here's one vote to Multiplayer Demo BEFORE releae :D

Actually, a pre-release demo would only help to get more sales from non hardcore fan of DarkForce/JK series who won't pre-order or rush to buy it when it becomes available in retail.

It's like did u wait for the critic's comments on Episode I before you went to see it?

Didn't think so. :)

Thus a pre-release demo doesn't really matter I guess.

UNLESS, the demo is out like 1 month before the game itself is available, so at least we'll be able to use the demo as a temporary tool to satisfy our urge to play JK2. :D

Archived