Home

Monkey Island Madness tech help

ashem

I'm a n00b to these forums so I apoligise if this thread needs to be moved.

Ok, i played MI1 and MI2 on my old amiga.

When I had access to a computer with win95 I bought Monkey Island Madness and enjoyed replaying the games, (although as all amiganos know, the graphics and sound were better amiga).

But now that I use winME, Madness (understandibly not foward compatible) doesn't have sound at all. Is there any way to get Madness to work well under ME?

My ME puter's sound is controlled by SoundMax (if thats relevent)

thx for help.

p.s. oh yeah, I'm no techie, so I'm looking for something simpler than say partitioning my hardisk to run under win95, thx.

• 4 weeks later...

MI 1 & 2 are DOS games, as such, they need to somehow recognize your Soundcard within the DOS environment--generally, they look for Soundblaster compatibility.

Check your sound card's documentation, under the section for DOS compatibility (if there is one). There should be something about adding a "SET BLASTER=..." line to the AUTOEXEC.BAT file. That should make the sound work for these games.

Guybrush M-T: "n00b" is a very common term that can be found just about anywhere on the internet, and if you stop acting like one, people will probably start treating you with more respect.

Archived