Home

Just some basics/Help me out here!

Ice Man

I have just started using the editor of the game and frankly, while it's easy to use in most respects, not much information is given on the individual options.

First of all, if anyone has made a tutorial or knows where I can find one, please tell me. Second of all:

It's a simple thing, but how do I get an AI controlled unit to move to a certain location and stay there. Thus far I have tried to control this by setting "Patrol" and then "Stop". But this is extremely tedious and it annoys me that there isn't a simple "move to location" option or something.

Do I have to write an AI script. If so, how? What's with all the ai scripts already available? How do I find out what they all do?

How do I move units?

Guest Stan|SCN Punk

For reference to scenario design, please go to SW Punk articles section.

As for how to task a unit to a certain location and stay there, you need only two things. One is the "task object" trigger. It's much better than the patrol trigger in this respect since patrol is by nature a looping counterpart of the task object, where it tells a unit to go back and forth between two locations. Task object is one way. Second is an immobile units AI. That will ensure your unit will not move once it has arrived at its destination unless you desire it to (but it will also render that player useless to build and act like a normal AI controlled player, so that player becomes a "dummy player"). You can get the AI here.

Archived