Home

Initial Encounter problem

Gary

I can't get past encounter screen with other Guybrush. I've tried getting a previously saved game. I've tried to reinstall EFMI. I've tried starting from scratch. I've tried entering swamp with diffent inventory items (but since I need the chicken grease and duck after the encounter) and the clock and Pepnose Pete map to navigate the swamp, I make sure they are in the inventory before I set out. No matter what configuration I use (16bit high color, etc). One walkthrough suggest player simply follow clock's direction (in my case-West), another suggest going through gate after initial encounter. Irregardless of what method I use, Guybrush says ooh no and the vortex picks Guybrush up and places him at the entrance to the swamp facing the exit to the swamp. If he goes west, east, south, north...it doesn't matter, he either gets sucked into the time-vortex immediately upon exiting the initial encounter screen or he enters the "Got Time" screen and will get sucked into the time-vortex from that screen. I've retried getting Dave to give me different names from previously saved games. I've gotten a dozen different names (Bobby D Fisher, Edgar E Dangerous, Quesko B. Monkeybites, etc.) however all of the directions to Pegnose Pete's house through the swamp is the same. As I've said I've applied the patch, I've tried reinstalling EFMI...at rebegan the game at different points in the game - Nothing seems to work. I believe I've read every post on this board relating to this matter. I tried a couple of walkthroughs by the letter from the very start. Nothing seems to work. HELP!

I'm using the keyboard arrow keys (left, right, up, down) and when required (page down, page up, E, U, P and I keys). If I wish to speed Guybrush along, then I'll use the Shift and arrow keys. I don't have a compatible joystick.

Archived