Home

Monkey Island 4 problems

HaggisMcMuffin

I was so excited when I first got Monkey Island 4, its sad to see that excitement go down the drain. In several places text does not show up on the screen. Because of this, I cannot see what the name of an item is or see what to say to people. I still can communicate by pressing the PgUp/PgDown and taking wild guesses at what I'll say. I was going to ignore this because i had only noticed it at the scum bar. However, after going back to the Voodoo house, I realized that there was no text there either! It really takes the fun out of the game for me. I downloaded an update from lucasarts' website but it didn't fix my problem. I was wondering if anybody else got a problem like this and if they could help me fix this problem. If not... I guess I'll e-mail Lucas Arts. My deepest thanks to anyone who can help me! I loved the other Monkey Island games and I want to be able to enjoy this one too!!

:jawa

I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!!

:):):D:):D:D:)

I know all you told me to do was read that troubleshooting manual, but if it weren't for you I never would have!!!! All I used was that "ask Yoda" thing on the Lucas Arts web page which just said that they didnt know what the problem was and to E-Mail Lucas Arts!! Anyway, after trying a bunch of different stuff with no prevail, I finally tried something SO CRAZY THAT IT JUST MIGHT WORK!!!!!!!!!! Well.... not so crazy. But anyways, in the troubleshooting guide, they said that you could switch to opengl for troubleshooting. However, opengl didn't work, it just crashed on my computer... :( But, I saw in the troubleshooting guide a list of drivers that DO work with MI4!!! Now, I believe that I have the best drivers installed on my computer, so I didn'twant to go back down to an older driver. BUT, I quickly looked to my trusty WickedGL drivers and YES!!!! MONKEY ISLAND 4 WAS THERE!!!! I installed the drivers and... SUCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It works perfectly!!!! Now that I know that it was the drivers behind this whole mess, I can investigate to make sure I have the optimal drivers for my computer and get the best stuff!!!! HECK YEAH THANKS ALOT MAN!!!! NOW I CAN PLAY MONKEY ISLAND ALL THE TIME!!!!! MONKEY ISLAND RULEZ!!!!!! THANKS AGAIN!!! YOU RULE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!

:lechuck:

Archived