Home

Soundproblem in Mi3

M^i^B

hiya.. i rescently dug up my Mi3 wanting to play it again.. so i installed and prepared to enjoy the game.. then as the intro started it started skipping parts of the sound and go really fast.. i presume its some soundbuffer problem or something.. it skips ½-1-2-3 secs at the time.. and when i finally got the game started it crashed shortly after.. with some error msg.. cant remember the exact one.. i've looked for some troubleshooting both on this forum and lucas arts website but to no avail.. last time i played it my computerspecs were somewhat different and im almost convinced that its my soundcard thats the problem..

but here are my system specs..

1ghz Athlon

GeForce3

SbLive5.1

512mb ram (had 256mb until a week ago so i doubt its that)

use WinME

the differences from last time i played is that then i had a GeForce2mx

SbPCI128

128mb ram..

anyone know of the problem and even better a solution ?

Maybe you need to reinstall the game. Or if you just 'dug out the game' it maybe a very scratched disk, try cleaning it.

Or:

-Get Win2000 (It works better)

-Get a patch online (j/k....maybe)

-Get Another CMI

PS - Nice computer, good going with the Athlon.

nope.. no problems with the cd since it works on my other computer.. no win2k sux.. cant play openGl nor dosgames.. xp sux just as much.. no theres no pathces :/

and i've tried reinstalling it 3 times and formatted my computer a few days back :/

No, your right. CMI doesn't work on Win2000 unless you download something. Sorry, Win2000 was just my opinion. But CMI on WinME is just like on 2000. Download....Something! Or just get a new computer.

PS: If you have another computer that it works on....THEN JUST USE IT ON THAT COMPUTER!!

Try to reproduce the error so that you can give us the exact error message (up to the point to where it tells you which module produced the fault--we don't need to hex code). That should make it easier to pinpoint the problem.

Have you read the info in the Troubleshooting Guide from the Menu?

Here are some of the notes but I recommend you to read the complete Guide

Grannen

Desktop Color Palette

We recommend that you set your desktop to 256 or High Color (16 bit) color. When playing The Curse of Monkey Island with your desktop set to a higher color palette, you may experience various problems in the game.

If you have access to the Internet, you may wish to check the Microsoft Website at http://www.microsoft.com for new DirectX drivers for your computer's hardware. You can also check with your hardware manufacturer for updated DirectX drivers.

Specific Video Card Issues

Important Note

Unless otherwise noted for your video card, we recommend that you follow DirectX 5's recommendations for replacing or not replacing the drivers for the card.

Creative Labs 3D Blaster PCI

When using this card, we have encountered speed ups in the game and some graphic corruption.

Guybrush M-T

what is cmi ?

secondly.. i would love to tell you guys the error msg.. only problem is that while playing (a few minz into the game) it comes up with the standard win errormsg sound.. and nothing xcept a reboot can get me out to windows..

i've also already tried switching bitrate.. and rez.. and even refreshrate.. :/

and about using the other computer.. well for starters its quite anoying that a game that have worked before or even if it didnt i would be quite unsattisfied if it was impossible to get it to work properly.. so almost every game i own works on this computer (xcept old dosgames) and besides that.. my gf likes to lay besides me and watch as i play witch is not really possible with the other computer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Klipsan ME works a hell of a lot better if one takes the time to treat it like another OS instead of thinking its just a win98 upgrade ;) anyho.. it worked before and it works on my other machine so its not a windows thingie.. atleast not a windowsthingie alone.. perhaps some combination of things.. but since nobody have had the same problem aparently its rather difficult finding out what the problem is :/

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived