Home

RPG Academy Progress

Guest DaRk_EwoK

Guest DaRk_EwoK

RPG Academy Beta 2 is almost complete, i have worked for more than a month. i have the mission triggers ready and level-up triggers for each of the 4 players.

I changed almost all triggers from the beta 1 (about 80%) and modified the map, just part of the academy is still the same.

as i explained in the first beta , you start as a trooper recruit without upgrades , as you kill enemies you will gain levels, level will give you upgrades like better armor, better attack-range, unit upgrade. (i changed the levels from B1 btw)

I added something new, when you reach level 10 you will be able to become an "Elite Trooper" wich is only a bit better than reapeter trooper, but can regen. After this point level up changes, on levels 11+ instead of getting a "normal" upgrade you get 200 nova, you can spend this nova in the academy, you have 2 choices:

To get +10 hp go to the war center

To get +3 attack go to the troop center

Each upgrade will cost you 100 nova, so you decide what you want to do, you can use all your nova in only one kind of upgrade or get 1 of each.

So it is now your choice what to do.

Also I added a couple missions, first Destroy the probot leader in the training center (same as Beta1) the only difference is that probots can now kill ya ;)

Next mission: kill ewok leader in the forest and burn all military buildings. i added a "click for action" system, to burn ewok buildings you select them when you are close, and they will start burning slowly. (takes about 5 secs).

Next missons are secret..

Currently this scenario has more than 140 triggers!! :eek:

What i need now is to balance the game. the enemy units i use have to be a challenge, not to easy not to hard, this is the difficult part ;)

BTW i may need some1 to check the grammar, i admit my gramar some times s***.

Beta 2 will be out soon.

Guest DaRk_EwoK

Well... it will be out tomorrow clefo, You can play it and send me any grammar errors you find, then i will release a "RPG Academy Beta 2a" with grammar fixes and bug fixes (if there are any ;) ).

Dont worry, i will give you credit.

This scenario is about 97% done, i am testing right now, and found a bug or two (small bugs) im fixing them.

Right now i have More than 160 triggers.

"Currently this scenario has more than 140 triggers!! :eek:"

What's so special about that? That's actually a low number. ;) I put in 780 something triggers into my last multi-player scenario, King of Turrets for SWGB. I never completed the whole thing because not enough people played it, but it would have taken over 2000 triggers when done. Both Episode I and II to my The Shogun campaign for AoK has over 700 triggers too. But the amount of triggers don't matter anyway. You could have 3000 triggers and have the crapiest scenario that ever existed, or have a 20 trigger scenario that's pretty damn good. ;) So its the features that make a scenario impressive, not the number of triggers. Sometimes they require alot of triggers, sometimes not that many.

Guest DaRk_EwoK

Vampire... you dont have to be rude :(, i just was kinda excited because I never reached 160 triggers before.

anyway it is a considerable number, since each trigger is different... oposed to your scenario, King of Turrets, it uses tons of triggers, but they are very similar. You just change player, timer or unit. So it is kinda faster (Im not saying its easy).

BTW how did you make the triggers dissapear in the scenario editor??? That seems useful to prevent people from coping them ;) .

"Vampire... you dont have to be rude"

I wasn't. That's why I put a ";)" after the sentence. I wasn't trying to be rude. :)

All the triggers that were invisible were the complicated ones that I didn't want anyone to mess with. So not all the triggers are the same and it certianly didn't go by quick. Took me about a month for each player. I only left the triggers with the Bring Object to Area conditions, Timer conditions, and create object effects visible. Its a good way of keeping people from stealing your work or editing it. All you have to do is leave the name of the trigger blank, but be careful because you cannot click on the trigger again without deleting the trigger after it.

Also the campaign I'm working on now, The Phantom Menace, has all kinds of different triggers. Part 1: Trade Federation Battleship has 175 triggers, Part 2: Swamps of Naboo has 101, Part 3: The Planet Core has 76, and Part 5: Mos Espa, which I'm still working on, has 206 fo far. I have lots of experince in putting different triggers together, so don't get the impression that I only know how to work the Bring Object to Area, Time, and Task Object triggers because of KOT. ;)

Guest DaRk_EwoK

Sorry, didnt notice the ";)" .

Maybe it took me so much time because i this is my first scenario.I only made some scenarios in AOK but nothing serious.

This was a great learning experience. :)

Anyway it is a good scenario, you should try it vampire (BTW it is a multiplayer scenario, but can be played on sp)

Archived