Home

help needed from you PC guru's

Guest Mal *Nexsis*

Guest Mal *Nexsis*

basically whenever I start an on-line game..Diablo2, SWGB or CFS I get kicked off-line...then theres a chance of my PC freezing up...I just reinstalled win98 from win2K...I updated my drivers...this is frustrating...I'm not sure even what to look for...I checked my settings under dial-up network...please help...any ideas

you said it yourself man, DIAL-UP. I used AOL for about 3 or 4 years and it seemed everytime i logged on i got kicked within 15 minutes. on the days when i did stay on longer than 15 minutes, i was lucky. of course when i tried to access some web sites or download files or even launch an online game, i of course got kicked. this was the main reason i switched to cable. as far as my problems with my dial-up goes, i am not sure why i kept getting kicked. friends from school (who only live about a mile up the street) hardly ever got kicked and some got the boot just as often as i did. i tried updating drivers, changing access numbers, and all of the other wondrful crap that just doesnt work. in my situation i think it was because of my remote location inthe middle of nowhere (someone give me a better answer if they can).

But in my opinion, the fact that you are using a dial-up is why you are having your problem. it is unreliable, especially with certain isp's like aol. and here is a word of advice, ditch aol. go with a free isp or local one or even something like netzero or juno where it can be either free or you can get the good stuff for something like 1/3 or 1/2 the price of aol. and hre is the good thing, those free and cheaper isp's probably offer better service than aol.

but, for those of you who enjoy aol, go ahead, stay with it. anyways, i hope this might help a little bit with your problem Mal *Nexis*

basically whenever I start an on-line game..Diablo2, SWGB or CFS I get kicked off-line...then theres a chance of my PC freezing up...I just reinstalled win98 from win2K...I updated my drivers...this is frustrating...I'm not sure even what to look for...I checked my settings under dial-up network...please help...any ideas
Errr... where did he say he was on AOL? Maybe you should read his problem before giving your answer...

As for me... I'm a software guy, not a hardware guy. Sorry :(. And while they may charge too much money, a professional PC repairman may be your only solution...

Guest Mal *Nexsis*

thanks for your suggestions....as for AOL I don't have it...I'll try reinstalling the modem drivers...but the wierd thing is I can stay on-line all day no problem...only when I try to do some tcp/ip gaming is when I get kicked...its strange

Archived