Home

Lua Bar puzzle

Branes

After numerous attempts trying to out-time the cook, I'm fed up with this ridiculous puzzle!!

Here's what I've done (at least 5 times!)

Sit at bar

order hot food

Use paintbrush on mechanism when flaming ship passes pole stopping it in front of painting

immediately head to kitchen ASAP

use grog with steam generator.

Cook intercepts me when I try to leave....painting is still there.

As far as I'm concerned, this puzzle has unnecessarily complex timing. A puzzle should challenge the brain, not your ability to manuever using a very unwieldy keyboard interface.

I've been a fan of the Monkey Island series since MI1 but this game is heading for the "yard sale" pile soon. I may just replay The Longest Journey for the 3d time instead.

If I'm doing something incorrectly, someone please enlighten me...but please don't say something like "timing", please be more specific.

So sorry but it is a matter of timing or more correct a matter of where the painting comes to a stand still! I think you should try to manipulate the system a little bit earlier, not when the painting passes the object. :)

There is however a possibility that you have got a bug. Try to uninstall and reinstall the game. Use the Uninstall Option from the Menu and keep your saved games when asked.

Archived