Home

Changing unit names

I'm having trouble changing the names of units with the trigger options. I've tried all the combinations of triggers, conditions and effects; still no success. I can change hit points, but not unit names. Are there any out there who've had this problem and then found ways that work?

Originally posted by Nar Larso

I'm having trouble changing the names of units with the trigger options. I've tried all the combinations of triggers, conditions and effects; still no success. I can change hit points, but not unit names. Are there any out there who've had this problem and then found ways that work?

Added to that, I'm trying to work out a way to make the Rebel snowspeeders a little more realistic for a Hoth campaign. I was thinking something along the lines of giving them a weaker attack, explaining it as "these are prototype airspeeders, the production one had heavier blasters that could penetrate walker armour."

Does anyone have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the problems I've had in this area where due to my TRIGGERS not being complete, ie; no Deactivate Trigger Effect at the end of it, or certain heros sometimes won't change a name, or certain Gaia units won't change names, and also if the character starts out on Gaia the name won't change, and if you re-name a jedi/sith or a holocron when they join as one you'll lose the new names cause the game creates a whole new unit called jedi/sith w/Holocron. Otherwise I'm not exactly sure what's happening.

Archived