Home

Combatting Cheaters

[TE]DarthBob

Originally posted by [TE]DarthBob

Mercenary, I suspect you were shooting at the player's decoy, and while you were busy trying to fill it with lead, the player came out of hiding to nail you.

I doubt decoys stay there the whole game.

Besides other people were commenting about this cheater as well.

I suppose he could have picked up a decoy thing and an invisibility thing but that wouldn't be it because it lasted the whole game.

Sorry to post another off topic post but..... Krak3n, I'm aware of CCC, I know Mayhem. You guys are quite impressive. What servers do you normally play on. Our clan is semi new to 1.2 so I'm still a little of a newbie on clan in 1.2 and such. Our clan ( SWS ) isn't bad. We just played AvA and kicked thier butts. No offence if there are any AvA's here.

Strider

Originally posted by [TE]DarthBob

I know that cheating is a concern and think it deserves its own topic. But If I may give my 2 cents.

Please do not accuse someone of cheating early into your JK2 gaming. 99% of the time, you will just be playing against a player of higher caliber, luck, scripting, ping or all the above. In all the time I have played Elite Force, I have not seen one positive proof of cheating. So, if you suspect cheating, record a demo, get a screenshot, but do not yell "Cheater". You will only look like a horse's patootee.

In elite force, you are able to script/bind photon jumps and MaxFPS settings to help jump out of a trench without using a photon jump. These are not cheats, but I dare not get into detail or the ethics of scripting, as that is a whole thread to itself. Many have been accused of having special running scripts and such, but again, no proof.

So enjoy and do not cry wolf for the love of Bob.

Uhh, im sure, you mean IN Quake 3, its a quake3 engine feature, i binded commands all the time in mods like urban terror, it really does help, i can only imagine the usefulness of bindnig force powers. ;)

[TE]DarthBob are you in a Elite Force clan? I play Elite Force quite reguarly and would love to see you in there somtime.

What? Play Elite Force? Well, I don't actually "plaaay" elite force, I just read comments about the game. But I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Yes Strider, The Empire and Obsidian Order....you know, those tags on my name? We play in the http://www.efleague.com. Who is SWS?

Maybe my sith name is confusing you. In EF I play as [OO]Tommyboy[TE]. But the sith high council demanded that I come up with an intimidating sith name for JK2....one that would invoke fear and panic to all Rebel Scum. I think I have suceeded...no?

anyway, look for me on The Preygrounds and on Devastator’s Holosuite. You can find me there most of the time. Or we can arrange a friendly scrimmage if you wish. Just click on my sig and leave a comment in the EF forum.

Archived