Would you accept?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you accept?

• Yes
    • No
    • Stop asking me questions!
    • I don't know

Guest Redwing

I would not want to be a mod here. I don't know the people well enough, and I don't agree with some of the rules. And I haven't hung around here for enough time to be qualified. The only place I'd want to mod would be RS.net, and they aren't accepting new mods.

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Redwing

I would not want to be a mod here. I don't know the people well enough, and I don't agree with some of the rules. And I haven't hung around here for enough time to be qualified. The only place I'd want to mod would be RS.net, and they aren't accepting new mods.

Yeah, its strange that you've been with RS.net so long, yet you aren't a mod, when it seems that the old mods aren't around as much as someone like you would be.

Guest Bifficvs

Not....I don't frequent this place enough to really want something like that...maybe at some other boards I would where I really know everyone....but even there, I don't think it's that big of a deal (it's an important job, I just don't think it's a super cool thing to do that makes it sooo appealing)

Guest Redwing
Originally posted by Kioet Csuhen

redwing, chances are slim u'd become a mod, remember u share the same computer w/your bro...

Well if he doesn't know my passowrd, then I don't see a problem. But chances are ridiculously slim that I'd be made a mod there anyways. Even though Lt. Cracken rarely moderates...and complains about people asking him to...and *phoenix* (RAVEN) vanished long ago. Gunner comes over about as often as Cracken. That only leaves Ike and Lujayne, who aren't often there. So basically, all our mods are either gone, or stay at XWA and only come over reluctantly. (Not necessarily everyone, but I'm making generalizations to support a point here. ;) )

Sometimes it seems like we're the child left alone in the corner by its parents in favor of the child they think is more attractive.

Guest Kioet Csuhen

if only i knew how to change gamefaqs.com sw forums links to rogue squadron community forums....i hope everyone comes to rs.net on the 18th or whenever cube comes out instead of to gamefags.com....

Being a mod on another ***Ahem*** game site, i can tell you that for me it is a nice experience.

Patrons tend to associate "mod" and "status" in a specific gaming community, rightfully or wrongfully so.

For the most part i have found it to be part public relations , part referee regarding conflicts and part policing regarding rules.

If you keep in mind that as a mod you are there to help serve a community the best you can and that the forum you mod IS NOT your forum but for the patrons who post , you will do a good job and will have a pleasant experience.

Nice productive post for my 100 :)

Archived