Home

about flipping dodges...

reserved_name

<font color=cbcbff> That's a very good question. My guess is that there's a button to toggle on rolling. If you think about it, it would get pretty annoying if you were trying to shoot at someone and you jumped sideways rolling all over the place and missing your shot.

I hated UT's way... if im walking along a thin walkway, ill correct my position with small taps on the strafe button. This has caused me to fall to my death many times. Not to mention that its just damn slow, by the time youve thought to dodge out of the way of the rocket and tried to double tap strafe, its already hit you. I hope there's an easier solution.

Judging by Heretic 2, one of Raven's previous games, it won't be toggle-able or initiated by double-taps. for heretic 2, you could do jump-flips by using jump and strafe. if you strafe and tap jump, you'd just jump to the side. if you held jump, you'd do a flip at the top of the jump.

sure it looked unrealistic, but bodies would also explode using spears and such. to this day, no game i've seen does gibs better than heretic 2. but then i'm off-topic.

anyway, i imagine that raven will do jump-flips like they did in heretic 2. it came very naturally. they also had wall-jumps. is that confirmed for JO?

Archived