Home

Erm... that's not lucre island.... (help!!)

stan_said_so

Ok. Here's my problem. THe first time I try to get to lucre island, after the little movie (the boat goes over to the island) instead of seeing Lucre Island (tm :) ), There's a poorly drawn beach with a hut that says "Timmy" on it and a palm tree. (The whole scene looks like it was drawn in Paint or something.) Guybrush can still walk around, and interact, but the scene never changes and it is rather hard to do anything at all.

Here are some things that may help with a solution:

1. I've completed the game on this computer before, so it's not a computer problem (I think)

2. I have a mac

3. :3headed:

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Nope... it is the original CD that I bought from CompUSA (which is a valid place to buy from.) I installed it once with this set of cd's and complete the game without a hitch... but my computer doesn't have a lot of room on it so I deleted the program for a while. This was the second or third or fourth time I've installed it (always on the same computer with the same CDs) and thought that this might have something to do with it.

:3headed:

Originally posted by stan_said_so

Ok. Here's my problem. THe first time I try to get to lucre island, after the little movie (the boat goes over to the island) instead of seeing Lucre Island (tm :) ), There's a poorly drawn beach with a hut that says "Timmy" on it and a palm tree. (The whole scene looks like it was drawn in Paint or something.) Guybrush can still walk around, and interact, but the scene never changes and it is rather hard to do anything at all.

Here are some things that may help with a solution:

1. I've completed the game on this computer before, so it's not a computer problem (I think)

2. I have a mac

3. :3headed:

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

This problem has occured before.

You can read about it here and perhaps you can solve it by uninstall/reinstall the EMI (Use the Uninstall Option from the Menu and save your games)

It might also be that you have to update your graphic driver and you can read about it here

PS You answered 1 minute before my posting! :)

Archived