Home

msn gaming zone

JEDI OUTCAST

cheaters galore. most every game i was involved with on the zone would get some jerk cheater coming in just to screw up a game and leaving. dorks.

also, the clan that took it upon themselves to hang out in the mots asteroid and constantly troll and flame users they didnt know really kept the community down. i knew a lot of guys taht didnt want to go there and play because those guys were such jerks.

of course, it just made it that much sweeter when id hand them their butts in a duel;)

dedicated servers is the way to go. zone was fine for its time, but wanting to keep it is like clinging to windows 3.11. pointless.

the zone could have its moments, but once youve played halflife in a game with 32 other people, you never want to go back to just 4 people again:)

trust us, its gonna be fine.

Originally posted by Andrewfus_SMC

cheaters galore. most every game i was involved with on the zone would get some jerk cheater coming in just to screw up a game and leaving. dorks.

also, the clan that took it upon themselves to hang out in the mots asteroid and constantly troll and flame users they didnt know really kept the community down. i knew a lot of guys taht didnt want to go there and play because those guys were such jerks.

of course, it just made it that much sweeter when id hand them their butts in a duel;)

dedicated servers is the way to go. zone was fine for its time, but wanting to keep it is like clinging to windows 3.11. pointless.

the zone could have its moments, but once youve played halflife in a game with 32 other people, you never want to go back to just 4 people again:)

trust us, its gonna be fine.

I'd like to commit on cheating....my friend and I moded a game once and we cheated. It was fun for about two games but after that it was very boring. So for those of you who have never cheated, your not missing anything and I would ask that you not do it. It spoils it for others and it's not even fair to you as it cheapens the experience.

Originally posted by Wilhuf

Zodiac, those ops didnt have their facts straight. Zone supported dedicated servers starting with Allegiance. You can download the Allegiance dedicated server software directly from Microsoft.

Gotta love such professional advice coming out of the Zone.

The registered version of Gamespy3D (not gamespy Arcade) has a rather cool feature. It will help you and your game buddies find the 'mutually best' ping to a dedicated game server. It compares the pings of collections of players and finds the best overall server ping for all players in the collection.

ooooh. yeah.. i also had the idea those sysops didn't know what I was talking about.. :p

me: "does zone, or is zone going to support dedicated servers??"

sysop: "So you'd like to host a game?"

me: "umm no.. i just wanted to know if it'd be possible to join games that use dedicated servers"

sysop: "Every game runs on a server. When you host, you play on a server, and when you join you connect to a server too"

me: "ookaayy... I'm talking about dedicated servers.. like the ones they use in games like Counter Strike, Quake3, Unreal.."

sysop: "Yes."

me: "well.. is zone going to support dedicated servers, or do they already have support for it?"

sysop: "Like I said: You always end up on a server when playing a game, so you always have a server dedicated to the game. I hope this helps, bye"

*boot*

That was just a lil summary.. i talked to 2 sysops btw.they both didn't know what I was talking about.. so I concluded Zone wasnt ready for dedicated servers yet... but now Wilhuf's given me some stuff to think about... :D

Yes, I agree. The zone is a waste of time. I can't ever get into a game. Even on three different systems that my family has used over the years. I would rather use in-game support and not the zone. Have Raven save time coding in zone support and release the game just that musch sooner!

But what do I know.....

Archived