Home

AI and Sabers...

indianajones9

What do we know about enemy activities? Do they actually hear you? Or do they just automatically homed in on you. Say i outran one and hid would it find me automatically or would he have to look for me? This may sound trivial, but it is important. I haven't seen it in any preview. AI for enemies working together is one thing, but I HATE when an enemy always knows where you are.

Also, the more I see saber fights in trailers, the more they look like rampid frantic click contests and not actual duels. Can you lock on an enemy like in Obi Wan? If not, can it be modded? It would greatly improve dueling.

Stealth plays a roll in the game, and with modern game making technology and techniques, I'm sure it'll be realistic enough to suit you. No selecting enemies, as far as we know. The combat will compair more to Jedi Knight than Obi Wan.

Originally posted by indianajones9

What do we know about enemy activities? Do they actually hear you? Or do they just automatically homed in on you. Say i outran one and hid would it find me automatically or would he have to look for me? This may sound trivial, but it is important. I haven't seen it in any preview. AI for enemies working together is one thing, but I HATE when an enemy always knows where you are.

Also, the more I see saber fights in trailers, the more they look like rampid frantic click contests and not actual duels. Can you lock on an enemy like in Obi Wan? If not, can it be modded? It would greatly improve dueling.

One of the beta reviews, can't remember which, said the AI did appear to have 'x-ray' vision at times. Of course this is one of those things that could have been touched up a bit since that review was weitten.

And as far as Saber Combat being modded just look at the great job that was done with JK and SaberBattle X.

<font color=cbcbff> Lots of work went into SBX, thats for sure. I even contributed to it. But it didn't fix how unbalanced JK was, the saber was cumbersome to use because they added a double saber which was stupid because it totally unbalances lightsaber combat and makes all the extra moves usless. It just didn't feel "right". The most annoying thing about the whole SBX mod for me is the airbrake style force jump. It's possible to leap over an entire level in a single bound. It's practically force fly. Though it's useful, it's unrealistic in terms of jedi capabilities and it really bothers me. What it turned into is a bunch of people running around with double saber using secondary swing and force pushing each other off of every cliff that they can find. Then when they do get knocked off, they just fly back up again. And when they aren't swinging, they are holding in the evade button and rolling around at the speed of light(evade is also way too fast, no human being can roll that fast, speed or not).

Archived