Home

lightsaber interaction?

Kaegann

Well, the game trailers clearly show the lightsaber damaging the walls, but my guess is that you'll only be able to actually use the lightsaber to break through the walls in a very limited number of preset circumstances (if at all). After all, what's the point of creating a vast level when the player could just hack his way through all the walls and complete the level in 2 minutes flat?

Originally posted by hahadude

I dont know about melting walls like in episode 1, but in the pc gamer trailer kyle destroys a wall by throwing his saber at it.

I'm pretty sure that the things Kyle destroyed you're referring to were some sort of conduits on the wall rather than actual walls separating rooms.

Originally posted by RichyBoy

I'm pretty sure that the things Kyle destroyed you're referring to were some sort of conduits on the wall rather than actual walls separating rooms.

look again, cause what i see is him actually walking through a hole afterwards

Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat

look again, cause what i see is him actually walking through a hole afterwards

I don't want to start an argument or anything, but if you're looking at the same bit I am (approx. 1 min 38 seconds into the PC GAMER UK video), it seems to me that Kyle doesn't walk through the wall, but actually turns around 180 degrees to face a matching conduit on the opposite wall. If you look at the way the camera in that bit moves and bear in mind the way it works in most 3rd person action games, the camera is also rotating 180 degrees to follow Kyle's back. Granted it's a bit difficult to tell 'coz Kyle is standing in the middle of the explosion when it occurs, but I guess we'll just have to wait 'till we get the final game to see, eh?

Archived