Home

I can't wait any longer

SilentDark

Some of them have it easy I find, I mean like people like me who have been here almost from the start, this time(close to release) is ROCKTION!!!!!. Some newbies come in like 1-3 months till release so the heat for them isn't so intense( i Know i'm wrong:D )

MAN I WISH IWAS A NEWBIE.

Originally posted by DaAan

how can u mechanically press something that is digitally encoded? i'd like to see that one

Simple, it's because data on commercial CDs are stored as millions of tiny pits and lands on the surface of the CD. It 's coded in binary (read: digital), with the pits representing the number 1 and the lands (the portions of the normal CD surface that are interspersed with the pits) represent the number 0. Therefore, it is quite possible to mechanically press a CD, due to the nature of the data storage.

With CDs used in home burners, however, a slightly process is used to write the data. Home burners burn marks onto the surface of the CD, rather than burning pits into it. The marks are read like the pits in a commercial CD, and the unmarked parts of the CD are read like the lands on a commercial CD. This is why not all CD devices can read home-burned CDs, especially older CD players and drives made before home CD writers became popular.

Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat

Commercial CDs arent burned they are pressed i think...

Yes yes, thats like a 100 x burner, done in one second lol

It was meant as an expression. It just sounded better to me to say burning the cd's roms then to say the factory is pressing them.

Kinda like in car racing hes burning up the track or hes going really fast. Thanks for correcting my english though(lol). Now If you go after my forum grammar skills Im done for.

Regardless of all this it means we can still maybe get JO by end of month. Ok computer games generally have a release date of tuesday but sometimes dont get to computer gaming stores till wed or thursday. So Tues March 12th will it be out? No too soon.

That leaves March 19th or March 26th. March 19th is also probably too soon. If it had went gold I doubt they would want to keep that info secret. So March 26 or April 2nd. Hopefully March 26th

Archived