Home

How do you feel about the current forum rankings?

Guest Krayt Tion

How do you feel about the current forum rankings?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the current forum rankings?

• Rankings should be JO-related
    • These Star Wars rankings are fine
    • SW is good, but change the current ones
    • Something else, neither SW nor JO
    • Rankings are dumb to begin with
    • Couldn't care less

Guest Krayt Tion

To address some of your concerns:

Different Rank Systems can be set for each Game featured on LucasForums. JediKnightII.Net can have its own ranking system, as can GalacticBattles.Com, as can IndyJones.Net. What is there for one does not have to be there for another.

I do not know what the official rankings for this place are, they are not linked to anywhere on our site. One of the GB people should have the list somewhere. This is one of the things that will probably be changed- we will likely provide a link where members can view the forum rankings.

Also, I can't deny that rankings, while being fun for some people, do encourage spam.

My personal preference is to do it like the old UBB days of JediKnight.Net- if you want to view user info like date registered and post count you click on their profile, and view it in a small popup window that comes up. None of it was displayed as you post.

If we have to have rankings I would enjoy a Jedi Outcast themed ranking system.

I don't like post counts. They encourage spamming. I know this one dude at the Morrowind forum that has over 25,000 posts, and most of them are crap.

If you want rankings, I say you can award 'stars' to people you like, which boosts their rank, if anything.

Ciao.

Archived