Home

SW games on WinXP

Nemios

Has anybody tryed to play TIE95 on WinXP? I have X-Wing Trilogy and want to continue to play those wonderful games.

X-Wing95 works good if I disable 3D acceleration but with TIE95 I have problems. Here are my tries:

- TIE Launcher: when I hit the "Play" button it prompts DirectX installation

- TIE95.exe (launcher skipped): nothing happens, it kicks me back to desktop

- TIE95.exe (compatibility mode - win9x/me): prompts me it can't find a Joystick (logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D USB)

I have another problem with EpI Racer. It says "wrong disk inserted" when I try to launch. No luck with compatibility mode. Anyone?

Strangely other users at http://www.ntcompatible.com can play both games. What can I try? Help please!

Guest AceAzzameen

Compatibility is exactly what you needed. Run QFixApp on the TIE95.exe and set Win95 or Win98 mode, just as you already did. Then all you have to do is uncheck the checkbox for "emulate joystick." That'll do it.

Warning: No one seems to be able to run in 3d mode in-game. Have to use 640x480x16bit. If you find any different, let NTCompatible & the rest of the world know about it.

Originally posted by AceAzzameen

Compatibility is exactly what you needed. Run QFixApp on the TIE95.exe and set Win95 or Win98 mode, just as you already did. Then all you have to do is uncheck the checkbox for "emulate joystick." That'll do it.

Warning: No one seems to be able to run in 3d mode in-game. Have to use 640x480x16bit. If you find any different, let NTCompatible & the rest of the world know about it.

Hey thanks! Where do I find QFixApp? Is it already in a directory in WinXP? From the normal compatibility page on the file property there's no option for joystick (only SO, stick resolution to 640x480, stick to 256 colors and another one I can't remember).

[EDIT - I found it. I'll try. Thanks so much!]

Archived