Home

Force powers in MP

Pipe Smoke

Ok... after watching the video I'm fairly concerned about something.

I saw the force powers represeneted like "runes" that people were picking up and dropping upon death, etc...

Now... wtf?

Is that how force powers are handled in MP? can only one person at a time have a particular force power?

That is so lame... please tell me that this is only the way it works in some obscure variant MP mode that nobody is going to play anyway.

Someone assuage my fears and tell me that force powers are chosen prior to the game starting like in JK1.

PLEASE!!!

They are kinda like runes which boost your overall force power. Not individual force powers. Its like pickin up a health pack which boosts ya health bar. Its the same as the multiplayer in the origional game. Nugget

Thanks guys, and I found that link to the zone force description page... so my fears are now fully assuaged.

I'm still slightly concerned that MP will feel a bit Q3ish but, only time will tell... and no matter what it's like I am going to force myself to love it and get super good at it.

The single player I've never had a shadow of a doubt about, it is blatantly dope.

Originally posted by Nugget

They are kinda like runes which boost your overall force power. Not individual force powers. Its like pickin up a health pack which boosts ya health bar. Its the same as the multiplayer in the origional game. Nugget

Welcome to the forums Nugget

I don't know if you came up with that, or you read it somewhere, anyway, It's absolutely wrong. It's holocron mode as some people mentioned

you can only have 3 powers, only one in the level has each power, and I think they are at the max level. When you pick one the one you picked first is discarted

And there was no such thing as you say in JK, you are probably refering to surges or those things that increased your mana. Those doesn't boost force powers

The only reason people will think the MP is Quake3 like is because the engine IS the Quakie 3 Team Arena engine. If it wasn't - you would not think the same way.

Elite Force didn't feel like Quake 3 to me and all it had was guns. Outcast will be even better because of the more interesting features, like lightsabers and force powers. Not to mention the awesome locals and MP modes.

People are worring too much.

Archived