Home

Fickle Fans

Hoowl

There seem to be people on this forum who seem intent in knocking aspects of gameplay that they haven't even experienced. I think this is a tad unfair. People should wait until after they've played the final version before they critise it and not base allegations on a low framerate low resolution trailer.

Fair observation but, as an instigator of a thread about fears concerning JO, I can tell you why:

It's far more interesting to have a debate about what might suck than what's going to be great!

And they are just fears. In some threads we've even got Raven stepping in to confirm or deny rumours, assuage fears and tease us with tidbits.

Nothing will stop me buying the game (well, nothing except major life stuff etc and absolute bankruptcy!) but I so have reservations about it and these are the reasons why:

When I heard that JO was going to be made by Raven and using the Q3, just like EF, I went to get a copy of EF and played it through. It was okay but over too quick and, IMO, not a great game. Enjoyable, but not inspiring in the same way DF and JK were. (Partly to do with the fact that I'm a Star Wars freak and not that interested in ST). I also didn't like the SoF demo either.

So the jury's out until the games in. Fickle fan? Not really. I hope that it is everything that I want it to be, but I'm also being reserved as I don't want to be disappointed.

I absolutely loved JK/MOTS

When I heard about Obi-Wan I got pretty psyched, I thought it might be the successor to JK.

Boy was I wrong, after all was said and done I wasn't even upset to see it go console.

Then my eyes turned toward New Legends, and I thought that would be the return of JK... and I think in many ways it could have been, but... it got consoled too :(

Hope was lost until I heard about Raven, one of my old favorite companies... (loved Heretic 2 for one) taking up the torch.

Since then I've followed almost every bit of info available, or at least all the screenshots... and from what I can tell the game we're all soon to be playing is very faithful and worthy as a followup to JK, in the single player anyway... the MP has me a bit worried.

For a variety of reasons. I have faith, and I'll just have to make a determination after I play it. However, what is the point of these boards if not to express our fears? that is certainly one of the main points.

And I know the temptation to try to silence dissenting voices about something you dig, I feel that impulse about many things, including this to some degree... but, if it can possibly lead to the game makers making improvements, then it certainly has some value.

Obviously at this point that is no longer possible with JK2, but you see what I'm saying.

Well anyway, I have absolute confidence that the single player game is going to be completely awesome. Far better than the original JK in fact. And I'm probably about 85% confident in the MP. But, *shrug* we shall see.

Guest X-Vector
Originally posted by Hoowl

People should wait until after they've played the final version before they critise it and not base allegations on a low framerate low resolution trailer.

That works both ways, doesn't it?

Shouldn't people wait to call JO "the best game evar" until they've actually managed to play it through?

Originally posted by X-Vector

That works both ways, doesn't it?

Shouldn't people wait to call JO "the best game evar" until they've actually managed to play it through?

Yes. You're right. I think the JO for game of the year thread was a bit over the top. :) Anyway, enough of this bickering. Two weeks and a day and we'll know one way or the other. :D

Archived