Home

Australia getting JO before US?

milestone

Ooh first, post. Been lurking here for a while, but couldn't be stuffed posting, anyways on with the point...

I checked out a local EB to ask for the release date of JO and I was told it was the 22nd of March. I was at a loss was put down as a week before the US release, but put it down to a mistake on behalf of EB as 90% of EB staff over here are pretty imcompetent (ermm..Sony Dreamcast?). Later today I checked out Harvey Norman (retail giant in Australia) just to check up the date as well, I was told 23rd of March there. When I asked how come it was before the US date, one of the guys said it was a first that we would be getting the game before US shores. Though I didn't take him too seriously as it was pretty obvious he was trying to sell the game to me and get me to pre-order; hell he was talking about clips where he saw heads getting chopped off by the saber throw despite my claims there was never that extent. Any idea what the hell is going on here? Strange that the two of the largest retailers of PC games would make a mistake. Maybe a Raven guy knows what's happening?

Also, the HN guy said the SE Tin didn't have DF and JK in it, only other stuff like a t-shirt, poster, etc. In any case I'll check up this Friday and update.

it's absolutliy not True! it's just an old Date they haven't check the last Date release.

here in Germany EB says it's 22.03.02 and Amazon says 27.03.02.

You see. Lucasarts said that it will be 29.03.02 So it will be out the 29.03.02 and I'm sure that Canada and the USA will get it before us. we can exept here in Germany for example the 5. April

Sheesh, I didn't realise how many grammatical mistakes I made in the first post. hehe, what I get for being too lazy to check over them.

The EB was in Burwood, NSW and the HN was Broadway. Maybe you guys in other states can check it out if you can be stuffed. In any case I won't be able to buy it this weekend seeing as I have some mid-semester exams next week and think I can hold off, maybe if it is really out I'll buy it and scan the manual just to annoy you other guys :p

I really wouldn't be surprised if it was a mistake, there's no reason why a US developer would release this title over here before their own domestic market.

Originally posted by milestone

The EB was in Burwood, NSW and the HN was Broadway. Maybe you guys in other states can check it out if you can be stuffed.

The EB I went to in Castle hill said it'd be in late march, early april.

I called the EB at Hurstville (Sydney) and they said the 23rd of March as well.

As someone said earlier, they were probably given this approximate date ages ago and haven't been updated since.

Hoth

EB, well, I've heard a lot of bad things about them. Like how the 7-day return policy they just re-shrinkwrap the games and put them on the shelf again. Isn't that a breach of the TPA seeing as the games aren't "new" once they've been played? The guys there were pretty damn lost anyways, and the HN guy, as I said before, was just BS'ing about it coming to Aus first to get me to pre-order it.

Scarily tho, all the online sites (as well as the HN guy) said that the Aussie release of JO:SE won't have Dark Forces and Jedi Knight in there, only a poster and t-shirt in a Tin Box. Ugh, I'd glady exchange a bloody poster and t-shirt for the trilogy in one set.

This is from GameZone.co.NZ, yes that is a New Zealand site

The local Activision distributors have informed us that the Jedi Knight II Collectors Edition (Due first week of April) will be bundled with a Jedi Knight II T-shirt! The tin box/shirt will be available in the first shipment of the game only, which will be limited in stock. Pre order your copy now so you don't miss out!.

The Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Collectors Edition comes in a 4-colour collectible tin and includes:

A Star Wars: Jedi Knight II T-shirt!

Full version of Star Wars: Dark Forces PC game

Full version of Stars Wars: Jedi Knight PC game

Jedi Outcast Keychain

So it is likely that it will be released the same time in Aussie.

EB's prices are bad here in NZ anyway.

I saw NOLF for $15 NZ(about 7 bucks US) in a K-Mart, it had been sitting on the shelf ever since the game was realeased I guess, I told the guys at EB and what do ya know, they thought I was talking crap straight off so I personally dislike them now. This was back last year around november.

Okay, that's reassurig. Might go ahead and pre-order it at EB/HN whatever in that case seeing as it's only for the first week. Geez, that ain't gonna help my uni exams.

Well, the EBs over here atleast ring up to check. Actually, depends on the managers. Some ones I've found are okay, other ones are bloody stingy and will only match it if it's in a store within a certain distance.

I just rang up EB and they said the date is correct. It's a special consideration for US putting import tariffs on steel, so to make up for it they will release Jedi Outcast over here before their own domestic market does. :eek:

*cough* I'll go sit in the corner now...

Originally posted by Jedi Nizar

it's absolutliy not True! it's just an old Date they haven't check the last Date release.

here in Germany EB says it's 22.03.02 and Amazon says 27.03.02.

You see. Lucasarts said that it will be 29.03.02 So it will be out the 29.03.02 and I'm sure that Canada and the USA will get it before us. we can exept here in Germany for example the 5. April

I'm in Canada, and I had preordered my copy of JO in December.

So yesterday I went into EB (The guys working at the one near me are fairly competent, we all complained about ps2 games :D) to ask if they had any info on the release date.

I was told that the 29th IS the release date, but they haven't decided if the store is going to be open. So most likely, I'll be getting it somewhere around the 30th.

Archived