Home

The Sith

Keyran Halcyon

I´ve been wondering about the Reborn, are they the Jemisaarai

encountered in Michael A. Stackpole's I Jedi ?

And another thing.

I have been led to believe that Kyle's lightsaber is in fact Luke's

old lightsaber which he lost (along with his hand) on Bespin.

That lightsaber, as a matter of fact, was rescued by the late Emperor and kept in his storehouse on Wayland.

Luke accuired the lightsaber later and gave his lightsaber to Mara Jade.

I do hope that the game designers are aware of this.

Oh yeah, my first post, give me a Chocolate Jedi Medallion :)

Originally posted by T-Dogg

to ps2maddenman: The games may very well be EU crap, but Kyle must be much less EU crap than Mara Jade & co., since there is profile of Kyle at starwars.com... Just checked it out myself.

So they actually have a profile of this character on starwars.com How come I have never seen it hmmm Maybe you can point me into the right direction as to where to find it on the site.

to ps2maddenman: The games may very well be EU crap, but Kyle must be much less EU crap than Mara Jade & co., since there is profile of Kyle at starwars.com... Just checked it out myself.

maja jade is there under skywalker. both her and kyle are marked as EU

I'm sure it will be revealed in the game at some point.. ;) Probably when Luke meets up with Kyle, who knows.

Still, let's continue to speculate. :D

Didn't someone say there was going to be some interesting surprises, as in who you'd meet???

AKA: "Expanded Universe" ie: all non-canon Star Wars material.

No real effort was made to keep EU material internally consistent with each other until.. what was it... 1997? Anyhow with the release of the prequels, you start to get huge contradictions between the NEW canon (the prequel films) and the old EU stuff.

And they've started to make EU material with the prequel characters as well... so you get the picture. ; )

Originally posted by Keyran Halcyon

I´ve been wondering about the Reborn, are they the Jemisaarai

encountered in Michael A. Stackpole's I Jedi ?

I was under the impression the reborn were a group of clones with jedi force powers.

Obi-Wan's last lightsaber was probably lost. The Rebel gang didn't bother to grab it, they were to busy fightin stormtroopers and getting in the MF (mil. falcon, not anything else your minds could think of :D ). However, "there is another" (-yoda) who could have taken it, and also made it off the DS: Darth Vader. He could have hung it on his belt (although in that one scene with Tarkin he doesn't have it, or I don't think he does) before he fought the rebels in the Battle of Yavin. If he didn't, which I doubt he did, then it was destroyed with the DS. Sure, a lightsaber is connected to the Force, but it is, in fact, a manufactured item. I think it was lost once the DS blew.

Yup, I just checked. In the scene where Tarkin asks about the MF being tracked, Vader doesn't have it. Nor does he have it when he says "This will be a day long remembered." And the next scene with him where he send the TIEs out, he still doesn't have it. And in the scene where he himself goes out to fight, guess what? Bingo, he doesn't have it. So unless he put it in his TIE, it's gone. My best bet is he had it locked in some storage container, along with Obi-Wan's robe. If that was the case, it was destroyed.

There's a lot of EU character profiles on starwars.com though.

To comment on my last post about Obi Wans lightsaber.

according to one of the books and somewher on the official SW site it was found floating between the debris of the first deathstar. so it was still there and more important it was found.

but for the rest nothing was stated about it, so it is possible Kyle's saber is actually Obi Wan's saber.

il try to find a link to it

Originally posted by Keyran Halcyon

I have been led to believe that Kyle's lightsaber is in fact Luke's

old lightsaber which he lost (along with his hand) on Bespin.

That lightsaber, as a matter of fact, was rescued by the late Emperor and kept in his storehouse on Wayland.

To what i know of it, it was Vader who went back to bespin to go and fish that hand up. and from what ive seen there are pics of it, Vader standing down in Cloud City with an ugnaught standing there.

It might have been okay, but I don't think his lightsaber could have withstood the blast, nevertheless being in the DS when it blew. It would have to be one heck of a lightsaber. I'll look on the sw site for it too. I'm not saying you're wrong, or that your sources are wrong, I'm just saying I find that hard to believe. But then again, anything's possible in the sw universe.

Archived