Home

Conversation With EB in Perth, WA, Australia

Joruus

After a certain amount of biting my nails. I decided to foot the bill to put an end to the Australian early release rumor.

I called the Hay Street Mall Electronics Boutique in Perth, WA, Australia.

The phone was answered by a chipper sounding young woman named Sharon, and when asked about the availibilty of Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast, she told me the following.

"I can't believe how many calls we've gotten today and yesterday about this game. But our computers indicate that the game ships on the 27th. Pre-ordered copies will be availible on the 28th of March and on the 29th of March the game will be on the shelves and availible to the general public."

I wish I could provide you with an audio transcript of the conversation (as its probably cost me about 40 bucks on my phone bill) to give further veracity to this information.

But if you must find out for yourself please feel free to call them yourself. Here is the number.

Hay Street Mall EB:

08-92021780

Rumor = failed

Well, I phoned the Chatswood Electronic Boutique store here in Sydney today (Sunday, March 24th), and was told in no uncertain terms that it will be available on Tuesday, March 26th...

Going to check the place out during my 4 hr uni break on Tuesday :)

Oh, and if you want to double check, the Chatswood (suburb in Sydney) EB phone number is:

61 (A'lian code) - 02 or 2 (Sydney code) - 94123400

Cheers.

Yes yes,

Taking into consideration that the "Aussies" so far have claimed it will be released in Australia on the 23rd, 25th and now the 26th I think I'll go with what I was told by EB in Perth.

Australia is getting the game at the same time everyone else is.

Why people persist with this silly rumor is really beyond me.

Feel free to post a few verifiable screenshots (screenshots of you playing multiplayer, showing your name and score count, screenshots of an internal server browser with servers on it, that kind of thing) on the 26th and prove me wrong.

But otherwise, I don't buy it. Aussies claiming to get a major title before the United States is like saying they figure prominently in NATO military efforts.

I mean really, if the game doesn't even ship to suppliers until the 27th, what are they gonna do? Transport the Australian product shipment to Australia via time machine?

Originally posted by Joruus

screenshots of an internal server browser with servers on it,

If you're the first of ALL of us to get the game, there wont be any servers on...

Well, MAYBE you'll stumble on a server where the Raven guys are playing their finished game lol

Archived