Home

DivX5Pro (FOLLOW-UP)

Kurgan

Just a note (couldn't find the old post) but I noticed a problem with DivX5, which I got to view the gigagames JK2 videos (the only reason I installed it).

I had previously installed the Pro version (which of course was loaded with spyware) and used Adaware to remove the spyware, which worked great. However every time I restarted the spyware (including gator) had reinstalled itself.

I figured, fine, I'll just install the "ad free" free version after uninstalling the pro version. However the ad-ware was still reappearing with every boot....

So now here is the solution:

In your "common files" directory (do a search if you can't find it) there will be a dir entitled: "CMEII" simple delete that, then go into regedit, and search for "cmeii" and delete the registry key you find.

Then use Adaware to clear out any spyware and restart.. boom, they never come back! And I can view divx5 movies perfectly.

So try this solution if you are using the regular or pro versions!

Kurgan, can a firewall like ZoneAlarm stop spyware? Whenever something wants to go out on the net from my box, ZoneAlarm tells me and I give it a "permanent" NO reply so that it never happens again.

Spyware and pop-ups are warped - what the heII is the net coming too?

Archived