Home

Dear Raven,

Spoonage

Thank you for Jedi Knight II. Although I have not made it far into the game as of yet, I can already tell this was money well spent. Past games from your company have established you as a good developer, this game looks to put you at top of your your respective genre. I have, in the past, made many complaints about some of your games, most notably, Soldier of Fortune. And while Elite Force was a good game, it was IMO, overshadowed by the greatness of Monoliths, No One Lives Forever.

In my short time spent with JK2, I'm already appreciating the attention to AI(something sorely lacking from some of your past releases), interesting level design which seems to coincide well with the enemy AI, great graphics(both in terms of 2D textures, and 3D models/characters), sound that cues at seemingly perfect time to add dramatic effect and an overall polish that seems to be missing from current competitive products in the genre.

After SoF, I have had hard time justifying purchasing games from your company without waiting for reviews. However, today, home sick from work and discovering that my local EB had recieved JK2 early, I decided to get something to kill the time(JK2 and Virtua Fighter 4). I'm glad I did, as it's renewed my faith in Raven Software, and has me salivating at the mouth for SoF2, in hopes that the AI improvements are being carried over, as well as the rest of the spit and shine.

I am truly hoping that the rest of the game is as good as what I've played so far, if so, you'll have dethroned No One Lives Forever as my favorite straight shooter of all time.

Cheers,

Spoon

{PS, I hope this is the official JK2 forum for Raven, I couldn't find anything at Ravensoft.com, other than past games}

{PS, for those interested, EBs in Virginia have been getting the game in stock all day. I know Pentagon City and Norfolk stores have them}

Man, if I wanted the game before I definitely want it now. I know the game is going to be good, (know for me, I don't have it yet :ewok: ) but I HAD my doubts about Raven making it. True, I own every FPS they've ever made, but as one anonymous person said on some forum somewhere: "Raven makes GOOD, high-quality games.....but not great games," and although I can't get enough Raven-made FPSes I was secretly afraid that Raven would make this game good but not living up to its predecessors. Well, after this guy posted this tribute to JKII, I know it will rock.

MAY THE TIME PASS ON SWIFT WINGS!

Rant Completed.

**** you raven! or who ever made the map where the ship blows up and you gotta escape!

i don't understand the whole swiming thought air thing! Sure if the ship was crashing {jedi knight 1} the gravity might be messed up. And then near the end of the mission the gravity goes back to normal! argh! It just confused me

other then that JK2 is great game

i don't understand the whole swiming thought air thing! Sure if the ship was crashing {jedi knight 1} the gravity might be messed up. And then near the end of the mission the gravity goes back to normal! argh! It just confused me

I dont have the game yet, but if you were in an airplane way high up and it dropped straight down, it would be just like you were in space with 0 gravity. I am assuming this is why its like that in the game.

And at the end, maybe you activate some type of landing sequence or it slowed down for some other reason.

Archived