Home

A big, fat "Thank you" from a german gamer.

Luebbi

My copy of JK2 just arrived in the mail. "Oh well," I thought, "I'll just have to deal with the dub and the censorship". For those who don't know, about 90% of german games get dubbed (and rather badly), and almost all games with explicit content get a small overhaul. In Half-Life, the grunts use the robot model, and scientists don't die... they sit down and cry when you shoot them, muttering "I can't take it anymore".

Now imagine my surprise when I found out that not only are both language versions on the CD, meaning that I could play with the english text and dub, but lo and behold, by installing with my regional settinsg set to "US", I could even avoid the typical cut violence (dismemberment isn't available in the options when you install the german version).

So, I am baffled. For german gaming fans, the usual options consisted of a) importing (very expensive) or b) putting up with heavily cut and badly translated games. This is not the case with Jedi Knight 2. Therefore, my utmost respect goes out for whoever had the idea to put all language versions on the disc. Now I can enjoy the game the way it was meant to played.

Archived