Home

Curious about blocking with saber?

d39

I don't have the game yet, later today God willing, but I was watching the first trailer again. And I noticed that Kyle was running towards an enemy and blocking the laser blasts at the same time. Now if I remember right in the DFII you had to stand still to block with the saber. Have a I missed a new feature, or what exactly is going on here? (Sorry if this has been asked, but well I'm just not in the mood to go surf the forums looking for it.)

Guest Apparition

You just need to be facing the correct direction. It is different than the original. But for saber blocking you have to hold a defend button (I think).

In JK2 you can block/deflect/reflect shots while moving/jumping/crouching/whatnot so long as you're facing the general area the shots are coming in and have a high enough saber defense skill.

The lower your saber defense skill, the tighter the blocking arc will be and it will be a good idea to stand still to be able to keep facing the enemies correctly. As you get better you're allowed a lot more freedom in your actions while being shot at, because your defense arc is pretty much 180 degrees in front of you and somewhat to the sides.

Same with blocking/parrying lightsabers. There is no defense button btw. Its automatic so long as you're not attacking. You can be jumping/rolling/running and still parry blows. In SP at least.

Archived