Home

problems with Lightsaber Duels

ps2maddenman

It seems I constantly taunt "K" people into a duel and I haven't had a single person agree to duel, this is very annoying, nobody uses it and it seems like a waste of programming since it is so far a null point. but then again, it may be that all of the Warez people who are playing don't know about the controls? (K to taunt into a duel)

***frustrated***

Maybe I am just too used to the RTCW, MOHAA, and Counter-Strike community where people are constantly chatting, asking questions, giving help and tips, I tried to tell people to press "K" to duel on numerous times (I really want to see this) but nobody even responds, it's like they don't read whats going on.

One thing i noticed. Maybe there are more like me in this... but when im playing and someone comes up to me with a Saber in there hand.. i dont watch for the stupid text at the top of the screen. I consintrate on making sure im the one alive in 5 seconds. :)

I had a very good experience with dueling... pretty good story too.

I was battleing just recently and I kept killing this guy (I think his Moniker was HaXx0r somethingorother) not purposly. He would be fighting, and I'd just run up and kill the first person I saw. ;)

So finally he got sick of it and threw his glove down, hit K and challenged me to a duel. I accepted and we went at it. He won, I congratulated him and we went our seperate ways.

very nice use of the duel. But that was my only experience with it. I do see how it could be easily abused.

I'd still like to know how bots react to it... more testing needed on my part I suppose.

Originally posted by ps2maddenman

It seems I constantly taunt "K" people into a duel and I haven't had a single person agree to duel, this is very annoying, nobody uses it and it seems like a waste of programming since it is so far a null point. but then again, it may be that all of the Warez people who are playing don't know about the controls? (K to taunt into a duel)

***frustrated***

I know, I've been trying to teach them. I keep backing off and challenging them until they ask me how to accept the challenge and I tell them. Then they tell 2 people, then they each tell to more people, then... well, you get the idea... :)

Well, dueling somebdy can be borring, you dont get to use the force powers, when someone duels me, theres a 50\50% chance if i accept, depending on the situation, but its fun when they try to dduel you, and you run up and kick them and kill them =)

Archived