Home

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Continuity?

JureelKrix

Ok yes I'm new to your "community" But I'm no newbie when it comes to dark forces and I have a slight problem with Jedi Outcast, or shall I say, it has a problem with the series

If you've played the original Dark Forces, you'll know thats where it all begins, right before the beginning of ANH. We've got Kyle going to Dantooine was it? Or Danuta, some world starting with a D (its been a long time people)

Anyways we've got him stealing the death star plans. He delivers and ANH Begins. Next time we see Kyle is before mission 2 in the game where he's onboard the then rebel flagship talking to Mothma. Now he goes through all the missions and at the end we see A: The Executor, and B: Boba Fett. Now standard timeline says there are 4 years between ANH And ESB, and only a few months between ESB and ROTJ. Now here comes the twist, Kyle finishes his job against the Dark Troopers right before ROTJ. (Hence Jabba not being on his ship and being on tatooine for business, business that is assumed to be with Boba Fett and handling the deal for Han.) Now thats that and its all good.

We move on to Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. The New Republic is NAMED in DF2. Now the New Republic started about three/four years after ROTJ. During the X-wing series I believe. Heir to the empire (which btw introduced one of the now more famous star ships, the Dreadnaught) was probably the time period for DF2, I cant find any in game evidence of its time only what LEC says and I haven't heard what they have to say.

Now from what I've heard about Jedi Outcast is that its situated right after ROTJ..... How do they make this fit with the earlier two installments? That is my question

Uhm, what spoilers may I ask did I give? I only gave details of two previous titles named Dark Forces and Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight.

Beginning storyline really isn't a spoiler

at least, last time I checked it wasn't. But yeah it clears stuff up somewhat

Okay here goes a few small spoilers (very minor):

According to the opening, JK2 begins about 8 years after Jerec was defeated (end of JK). We also know that MotS takes place about 7 years after JK, so what we end up with is JK2 happening 1 year after the events of Mysteries of the Sith, and based on what you said 11-12 years after ROTJ.

Does that fit?

Archived