Home

the crosshair

Tree

I had a look round the options and i can't see any way to change the crosshair, which seems a bit odd....just me give a round circle with a dot in the middle over them fancy ones any day :D

If you do edit the pk3 files then that will make you 'un-pure' on pure servers (cheat free servers) so the game would use default settings for stuff like the crosshair.

Originally posted by Krak3n

In the console type

cg_dynamicCrosshair "0"

It's not really auto aim as such but is anoying.

To get the console press shift+`

Hope that helps

Krak3n

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for posting the "cg_dynamicCrosshair" help. That auto-aim IS autoaiming, I don't care what anyone says, and it was the most ridiculously annoying thing I'd ever seen in an FPS. I hated it and would NOT play the game without turning it off. I really wish Raven had just made it an Options toggle...oh well. Now the game is playable and, uh, stuff.

Yup, it's autoaiming. I was rather pissed cos I couldn't change it from options page. Good thing I've edited .cfg files before... If you know what you're doing, just open jkconfig.cfg with notepad and ignore this message "// generated by Star Wars Jedi Outcast, do not modify". You can find many interesting options like

g_saberAutoAim

g_saberAnimSpeed

g_saberMoveSpeed

g_saberRealisticCombat

g_saberAutoBlocking

g_dismemberProbabilities

Just remember what you changed (or make backup copy) and start editing :D

Not that I want your Ewoks (had a bad case of Ewoks once -- was off work for weeks), but...

Use the console command (I hope I'm remembering this exactly right) cg_drawcrosshair<space># where # is something from 0 to, I think, 6. 0 turns is off, 1 is the usual one you see, and the other numbers are alternate crosshair designs.

None of them appears to be the one you see in the original screenshots, however, and none of them is any easier to see than the usual, except 2. I use it all the time now. If you want to see what 2 looks like, go to the Rodian Hunter skin page of my website, and look in the upper corner of the second picture.

http://www.angelfire.com/clone/jedimouse/rh.html

~JediMouse~

No, please, keep your Ewoks, really....

Archived