Home

Lightsaber duels in single player (no spoilers)

GlobuleSO

Holy crap.

I just got to the part of the game when you actually get to fight an enemy who uses a lightsaber. If you were disappointed in how the multiplayer saber action looks... wait till you see this stuff.

Absolutely awesome.

It looks exactly like the lightsaber movie battles we all know and love - meaning very fast attacks with a ton of parrying and white flashes from the blocks. When you throw the cool rolls, flips, wall-walks, etc. into the mix, it's just PERFECT. And when I perfectly executed my behind-the-back swing and took out that Reborn... and the camera swung around as Kyle continued his 360 degree spin... pure bliss.

Kudos, Raven... for being the first software developer to capture the true essence of lightsaber combat (in single player, anyway)

They will have changed it for multiplayer to reduce lag. A lot of information would have to be transmitted across the connection if the single player lightsaber combat had been used - fine for broadband users but it would nail any dialups.

"They will have changed it for multiplayer to reduce lag. A lot of information would have to be transmitted across the connection if the single player lightsaber combat had been used - fine for broadband users but it would nail any dialups."

I hope they make it an option for servers that don't allow high pings, but really, I think alot of us were spoiled on MP games like Counter-strike where the MP isn't run and gun, hopefully a mod will be created to satisfy those of us who are craving this type of game.

I can see it now 16 jedi vs 16 jedi................ :)

Archived