Home

Anyone playing using a Kyro2 card?

KungFuFighting

I just received my copy of JK2 today and I'm waiting til 5pm rolls around. I was just wondering if anyone has played the game using a Kyro2 card and what their experience is with it. Here's my specs.

1gig Athlon T-Bird

512 mb PC133 ram

28gig 7200rpm hd

64mb Hercules 4500 Kyro2

I've played MoH:AA and RTCW and they ran ok with lower resolutions but much of the goodies turned up. Anyone?

I'll put a post later today about how it runs on the Kyro 2. I'm not going to start the game yet - just practice with the bots. I still have to finish MotS. But I'll post something on frame rate and overall visuals.

I'm real curious as to whether I'll be able to turn FSAA on with my 1.2G Tbird 512MB DDR system at 10x7x32. I'm guessing the performance hit may be too great with JK2. But my Kyro 2 system owned Max Payne so I'm hopeful!

Good news! So far the game appears to rock on the Kyro 2. Here's my system:

1.2G Tbird

512 MB DDR

KT266 Chipset mainboard

Hercules 3D Prophet 4500

IBM 60GXP 7200rpm HDD

I'm playing at 10x7x32. I upped filtering to Trilinear and turned off Anisotropic Filtering (have to with the Kyro 2). All detail is high and Shadows are simple.Looking around at the beginning of Level 1 with no enemies in sight, here are my average fps:

No FSAA: 80-90 fps

4X FSAA: 30-35 fps

I'll probably run at this resolution with 2XFSAA (vert or horiz, not sure yet) or try running at 1280x960 with no FSAA depending on which looks better.

Pretty friggin awesome for a $60 video card, I'd say.

Anyone need a cheap video card to play JK2 I highly recommend the Kyro 2. Just make sure you have at LEAST a 900Mhz - 1Ghz cpu as the card doesn't scale well with slower processors.

I found that the game runs very nicely on my system at 12x10x32 with no FSAA. Fps averages 45-50. At that res the graphics are so nice you don't even miss FSAA! Haven't tried the hunkmegs tweak or the brand new VIA AGP driver yet.

Archived