Home

Multi-play - why bother with force pull?

Jaif

I've been mucking about with some of the force powers offline, and I'm coming to the conclusion that pull isn't usefull. This isn't to say that I can't cook up a situation where pull can be used, but in the real world it seems that the push or grip can do the same things, but more.

Can anybody tell me what advantage pull has?

-Jeff

P.S. To repeat - multi-play only.

I often wondered the same thing, so when i get the game i will allocate level 1 only.

The situation where it could be useful I saw in another thread.

If you got a person who is using force speed alot you can keep them from escaping (or knock them down in lvl. 3) and shoot/slice them. Also with level 3 you can pull people towards you and knock them down and dice them as the get back up.

However, imho, it is not practical enough to spend 10 points on.

Well, after having it used very successfully against me, I'm about to start experimenting with it. I was in a duel game pretty much beating everyone using push/saber. But when a guy started using pull on me he would knock me down and pull me right up to him. So I would get kind of stuck trying to jump up while he slashed me several times. I'm not very clear on things work, like when a person gets knocked down versus just pushed/pulled. But he seemed to pull me down and take away up to ~80 of my health.

So, in his hands, pull was a great tactic.

Hope that was all clear,

DxParry

If your a light jedi Pull comes in handy alot especially vs people who run alot. Sence we dont get grip as a light jedi its the next best thing. Plus it knocks them down sometimes and u snatch non sabor weapons occasionally. And its long range.

Eric

I can list a ton of reasons why force pull is good, but i'll name a few:

1. People NEVER expect force pull, when your on warring factions or some other pit map people will expect you to have force push so they'll stay against the wall all the time. then i'll jump out over the pit, force pull them in and air control myself back over safe ground, they never expect it, trust me.

2. When your being force gripped, use force pull and it'll knock em down towards you 80% of the time, then i just slice their head off while they're trying to get back up.

3. Honestly, force grip sucks now that i know how to counter it so easily.

force pull always has it's use, i use it all the time, whether it's pulling some running pansy towards me or pulling 2 guys fighting on a catwalk in front of me into the abyss below. Force pull over force grip any day.

What are the uses of force pull? The same ones as in single player: to pull guns out of player's hands (albeit it doesn't work every time in MP for balance reasons), pulling the said players to you in the process which is very useful when the player in question has your flag, or is running away trying to reach health or shield boosters.

Another use to it is on maps with a lot of pits and holes, when others use force grip on you and lift and move you above those pits and you dont manage to push your way out of it and you're going to die, once they drop you you pull them in with you, give them a taste of their own medicine.

force pull is a great power because if u use the saber a lot (like me) u don't have to fight those people with big guns. Also u can take thier big gun and use it against them.

On a side note: It was one of the best in Jedi Knight one because no one would even expect them taking thier weapon, it is the same in jedi knight 2

Archived