Home

Is the lightsabre a light source?

Burnin' Luv

Hello,

I just want to make sure that I'm not missing out on some graphical effects...

When I turn on the lightsaber in a dark area, I'm still in a dark area.

Does/should the lightsaber illuminate the surrounding area?

Not that it matters but I'm pretty sure I remember that it did in JK1.

I'm playing with everything maxed on a Radeon 8500(v6025 drivers).

Thanks.

Hello,

I do have dynamic lights on...

I just went back in and looked closer.

When I turn the saber on, I get a barely noticable(that's why I didn't see it at first) circle of light at my feet, but it doesn't light up the area I'm in.

The floor at my feet is just lighter in colour. The unlit wall in front of me is still dark.

I guess I just expected it to light up the room like in JK1.

Thanks.

Edit:

I forgot to mention that if I then go turn off dynamic lights, my floor circle disappears, so I know it's really on anyway.

Raven must have forgotten all these little things that us JediKnight fans have come to know and love. Hope the people making patches don't have a life and can read all the posts in this forum to correct all this.

PUT THE LIGHT BACK IN LIGHTSABERS

when i saw the words 'radeon 8500' i sorta began cursing and remembering that rather dark area down one of the tubes in the doomed ship (dont wanna give too much away hence im being vague!). couldnt see a thing.. had the saber up as well.. and figured they didnt incorporate it in teh game.. then i saw your post and started swearing thinking it was radeons fault! argh!

pity tho it doesnt glow... i remember in jk1 walking in dark custom made maps and all u'd see is the saber, maybe some of the face and that's it... scared the crap out of me :)

sorry another thing i was wondering someone could tell me.. how can i edit the saber directly? i wanted a more orange saber than the ones they have... especially for single player... 6 colours kinda sux! see with jk1 i had the 101 sabers to choose from.. made lan battles awesome :) too busy checking out a saber and then 'hack'... done from behind by another cool saber :)

Archived