Home

Is Jedi Knight II 56k modem friendily?

Tap

I'm a huge star wars fan and I loved the first Jedi knight. I was especially fond of the multiplayer portion. This was back when all you needed was a 56k to enjoy a good online game. Unfortunately now a days games run like sh** on narrowband and as I don't have $60+ for broadband, does anyone know how smoothly it (Jedi Knight II) will play on a 56k modem? thanks.

All I can say is that everyone was complaining about how 56k users were being jipped. Peer-to-Peer didn't work for me too well, but dedicated servers were EXCELLENT. I played 16 player FFA with ZERO lag. I am a 56k user, you find a good server and you have my guarantee of a good time.

I'm on a 56k modem as well, and I have to say that so far this game seems lagless to me.

There's a trick though, when you fire up the game, go into the console, and type /rate 3000 this sets your transfer rate down a bit and makes it a good bit more modem friendly.

as long as you change your rate setting from the default 56k setting to /rate 2900 or /rate 3000 , then the game will play like a dream if you get into a decent server. I was never expecting this honestly. Im still getting a cable connection so I can get even better pings.

Archived