Home

Dismemberment - Can not get working

P33K@J3W

Originally posted by Valdarious

I believe they took it out of MP for the lag reason, calculating all those gibs would bring alot of lag. I think one of the Raven guys said that it creates alot of errors within the game so I think SP will have to do.

A lot of lag? How ? You need to send only one additional byte (or even less if its bitmapped with something else altogether) of information for this (together with the info about death) .You don't need to do anything about gibs on server side except sending info that it happened .Everything else could be done on client side (we don't need to have all gibs falling exactly the same way on all clients ). But it causes error -damn true .Guys just didn't have time to fix it .Or they just didnt' want it (cause they don't like gibs as well as blood and scenic death).

As Darkmadmax said, it only needs to happen client side.

I would love to see this happen. It would surely enhance my enjoyment of a sabre duel to send arms/legs/torsos flying after a successfull duel. Lag or program errors shouldnt really be a problem -- hopefully something thats integrated as an option in the first patch, or a mod will show up soon!!!!

i'm taking it someone else was mislead by the post at the Massassi Temple's news area

they say the dimemberment mod is for MP, when its only for SP thus far to my knowledge.

I E-Mailed them on that, but either it was ignored or didn't make it to anyone.

Archived