Home

Last secret in ns streets

TheRealDante

Can anyone, for the love of god, tell me how to get the last secret in the streets of nar shaddaa. I'm near then end of the level, just above the electrified water. There's a ledge and a vent with grating above me, but I can't reach the ledge from here, even if I jump off of the droid. I figure the grating must be where the last secret exits, but I can't figure out how to get into the last secret. There's a open vent that the garbage trolley passes by, but I just can't jump high enough to get in it. It seems like this vent would lead to the secret, and then exit where the grating is, but I just can't make it into the damn vent. If anyone has any clue as to how you're supposed to get into the vent, could you please provide some insight on how to get this last secret.

Thanks,

TheRealDante

Highlight the spoiler tag to display.

Actually, that grating at the ledge you see is the exit from the last secret area. Before you jump down into the garbage hauler, notice the open shutter further along the building where a Rodian sniped you from earlier. Once you jump into the hauler, it'll start moving towards the open shutter.

Time your jump well enough, and you'll land inside a passage and be rewarded with the secret area message.

Originally posted by Goto_Dengo

Are you sure this is possible, harvester?

I find your lack of faith disturbing. ;)

Seriously though, it took me *many* attempts to make the jump successfully. Stand too close to the wall, and you'll hit the underside of the shutter frame. Stand too far out and you'll hit the underside of the shutter and bounce back down. If it wasn't for the fact that the garbage hauler is moving too, it would be a pretty simple jump.

I had the same problem, I eventually found all five and knew that the last secret was up in that open vent. After thirty or so attempts, I deemed it impossible. But at least someone has been able to make that jump successfully. The items in the secret area aren't such a great incentive to make the jump.

Guest Elvite
Originally posted by Topdan

After 1726526 attempts, I did it. You have to jump in the second garbage chute. I don't think there is a trick there. Just try again and again.

After 1726627 tries, I decided "heck with this". So, I brought up the console by hitting the SHIFT+TILDE keys together. I typed HELPUSOBI 1 to enable cheats, then I typed NOCLIP to allow me to fly around with falling and go through walls. Then, I simply eased my player through the vent opening and, once inside, I made sure my feet weren't clipping through the floor and typed NOCLIP again to toggle that cheat off. After that, I moved my player forward and the game tells me that I've found a secret area. Once this occured, I deactivated cheating altogether by typing HELPUSOBI 0.

I don't usually use cheats, because I want to enjoy the game to it's fullest and face challenges, but that Vent Secret was ridiculous. I gave it a good try though. Hopefully this is the only time I'll have to use a cheat. For all I know I could have made the jump legitimately in another hour or 2 or 50. However, I've got better things to do, like get on with the game. LOL

Originally posted by Surf Warrior

The items in the secret area aren't such a great incentive to make the jump.

I agree. I liked the secret areas in the original JK because the more you found, the more Force Points you got to spend on abilities. That was a great incentive.

The secret areas in JK II (and other Q3 powered games) only allow 'bragging' rights.

Originally posted by Harvester

I agree. I liked the secret areas in the original JK because the more you found, the more Force Points you got to spend on abilities. That was a great incentive.

The secret areas in JK II (and other Q3 powered games) only allow 'bragging' rights.

Agree !!! I agree with Elvite too. I had finish the game first, I just wanted to try Harvester's pretention...

Archived